Timothy T. O’Brien DDS, MD | Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. O’Brien joined Owyhee Oral & Facial Surgery in the summer of 2019. A native of Reno, Nevada, Dr. O’Brien attended the University of Nevada, Reno and graduated from the Honors College with magna cum laude distinction with a Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) in Spanish and a minor in chemistry. After his undergraduate studies he attended the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, from which he received the Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS).
Dr. O’Brien then completed a 6-year residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB) and also obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) at the UAB School of Medicine, which consistently ranks in the top 20% of all medical schools.
Dr. O’Brien has expertise in all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery including dental implants, complex tooth extractions, corrective jaw surgery, facial trauma repair, and the delivery of general anesthesia.
Active Member Of:
- Western Treasure Valley Dental Society
- Idaho State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Idaho Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Licenses and Certifications Held
- Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Idaho Dental License
- Idaho Medical License
- Idaho General Anesthesia Permit
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications
- Active Staff Privileges in the St. Alphonsus Hospital System
After completing his residency, Dr. O’Brien practiced oral and maxillofacial surgery in Alabama until moving to Idaho. He and his family are thrilled to be in Idaho; in their spare time Dr. O’Brien and his wife love running, skiing, and being in the outdoors with their three daughters.