Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Oral Surgery Office, John Paul Malan, DDS, Joseph Ballenger, DDS, Philip Hurst, DDS, MD or Courtney Kilkuts, DMD, Nampa, Meridian & Fruitland ID
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may NOT have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. The only exception is a prescription medication approved by one of our providers and/or your medical doctor to be taken with a small sip of water 1 hour prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Patients under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves. Do not wear a tight collar or necktie.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with one of our providers prior to your surgical date for instructions.